Monday, January 12, 2009

Post-birthday Gratitute

I was so rushed out of the house on the morning of my birthday, that I didn't have time to grab my camera. My friend, Lisa, said not to worry - she had hers.
I was going to wait to do this update until I got some of her photos, but am worried that I might leave something out (or may want to leave something out).
Lisa, Sandy, and Kayte (who also celebrates her bd on the same day) picked me up and we headed to one of my favorite places, Blueberry Hill down in Delmar Loop.

As we were entering the establishment we met a charming biker, Jose. They told him we were there to celebrate mine and Kayte's birthdays so he wanted to pose with us for a photo. Somehow (and I really don't know how it happened) I found myself on the back of his Harley to take a spin around the block. Thinking my girlfriends had set this up I felt that it was a safe thing to do. As promised, Jose delivered me back safe and sound. Mark another thing off of my "100 Crazy Things to Do Before I Am 100" list.

Walking inside the restaurant, I was anticipating biting into one of BH's famous burgers, when I spotted 3 of my FAVORITE FRIENDS IN THE WORLD who drove in from KC for lunch!!!!!!!
(btw - I believe I'm relatively safe in the stress test area as I could actually feel my heart pounding with excitement and I didn't drop over, foaming at the mouth).
What a wonderful, special, fabulous surprise that was! I was so stunned that they were actually there! We had a wonderful lunch followed by a walk down the street to Craft Alliance then back down Delmar to Jilly's Cupcake Bar where we indulged in yummy filled cupcakes, topped with heavenly butter cream frosting. Guess who came in and sat at the table next to us??????
Rachel, from Cupcakes Take the Cake! She was there with her grandfather who had just finished a reading from his memoirs of WWII at Left Bank Books. It was a privilege and honor to meet both of them.
One last stop at Red Lead with the KC girls. It's one of my favorite stores and we like to take them when they are in town. Got the goods for making Valentine cards. (oops, guess I'd better hurry up and get those Christmas cards in the mail!) As we left the store, we said our goodbyes on the parking lot as they had to head back to KC and I had another party to go to.

Part(y) 2.
Now this is the one that I don't think I will be able to share any photos. My kids set me up good. We went to (Tales and Whales?) I don't remember the name, but it was a dueling piano bar.
Holy cow! What a FUN place that is! Especially on your birthday when you are there with a group of 24 - my sweet family and more friends. Joey & sweet Abby got there way early to lay across two large tables so we'd have seating right by the stage. (I'm thinking that was part of the plan). The kids had arranged for me to SIT ON LUPIE's LAP while he played some version of some inappropriate song (which I'm sure I'll be able to review later on video). He was very nice until I started playing the piano with him. He apparently wanted to be the star that night, so I was only allowed to work the stage lights with the foot controls. My brother-in-law generously sent me test tubes of a dark liquid, which tasted like apples, so I guess I got some fruit servings in for the day. My dearest Glen and thoughtful son gave me some delicious tasting shots of something with pineapple (which they know I love) everyone kept the beer buckets full. It was SO MUCH FUN! I really enjoyed having my folks with me and loved watching them have as much fun as I had. All that was missing were my little people.

Part(y) 3.
My little people sang to me last night with the last Jilly's cupcake.

And so ends my birthday week. It was INCREDIBLE!

But wait, I still had some birthday money so after purchasing this tonight my week is officially over.

Wait. There is still another celebration to come. My very best friend, Colleen, and I share the same birthday as well. We still have to get together to celebrate our special day.
THEN it will be officially over.........until next year.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY FAMILY AND GOOD FRIENDS for the cards, gifts, wishes, and time you spent with me. I love you all!
nite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh.
A "bird" purse.
How nice.

LAB
Love ya' anyway - and happy that we were able to surprise you on your birthday!