Monday, April 03, 2006

Achieving Goals

"We find no real satisfaction or happiness in life without obstacles to conquer and GOALS to achieve. - Maxwell Maltz

If I didn't have so much on my mind I would remember where I recently came across this quote, but I jotted it down because it was one I wanted to pass along to my kids. Then I decided to give them a visual to go along with it (and maybe gain some sympathy so they would help me).

I've been working on this big project for the Sesquicentennial (that's 150 years) celebration of our city since last April. My photo club has been out shooting "life in our town" photos to put on these 3' x 5' banners to display in the parks this year, to mix in with some historical shots we are fortunate enough to have. FINALLY it is all coming together. The permits have been obtained, money has been raised, the photos have been edited, the computer files have been completed, two tons of posts are resting in the hands of the parks department, the banners are being printed as of today. It's taken a lot of work and a lot of people have helped out with this. The next step is to get all the banner poles sanded, primed, and painted. Got them to a borrowed warehouse - all 1280 feet of them - so we are almost there. When this is completed and on display it will be a site to see.

SO......I just thought that quote was appropriate for the postcard tonight. How satisified and happy I will be to see this goal become a reality at the end of the month. Stay tuned.......I might just drop you a postcard of the finished display.

No comments: