Tuesday, April 04, 2006

She who gets the last laugh.....

After a pretty intense day (that is blessedly over now) I went out on the deck to throw a couple of steaks on the grill. What a surprise to find that some of my feathered friends have decided that this would make a pretty cool condo!
Just two days ago I was laughing at the very descriptive email from my good friend telling of her escapdes chasing the birds away from building a nest on the deck of her hot tub. (She doesn't exactly call them her "feathered friends" and I'll leave it at that).
So, here you are LAB. Tonight's postcard is for you. Enjoy the last laugh. It's on me.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Are you kidding me? They DID build a condo -- that's one big nest! What a great photo Pam!

Christi said...

LOL! And once they set up in there, it is really hard to convince them to stay away even with the increased heat...You would think that the smoky smell would scare them away...

Anonymous said...

I no sooner get mine cleaned out they start building again on the same day. I think it was 3 times one day that I had to clean the pit out and plug up all the holes. I'm not sure which would be easier to do, let them build a nest or unplug all the holes just so I can use the pit, even with the cover on they manage to find a way in.