Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Roses in Bloom

Last week Deb, Chloe and I packed a picnic
and headed out for the Botanical Gardens. After a bit of a hassle when we got there (keys locked in car)
Deb & Chloe enjoyed themselves while I watched Dwyane jimmy the door handle of my mother's car to retrieve the keys.

Here are a few of the shots I was able to take while waiting for them - before my camera broke.

(yes, the day just kept getting better)
Love the reflection on this one.

Isn't this lily lucious looking? Reminds me of a chocolate goody.

I think I'll plant some of these lucious lillies in my own garden.



This was ready to burst open. Some kind of a lily.



My favorite was the roses.

They were just coming to the
end of their full bloom and were a sea of beautiful colors.
This pretty deep pink rose made a nice landing pad for the bees.


Aren't we lucky that the Chihuly sunburst remains as a permanent fixture in the rose garden? I'm going to get down there some evening and shoot this in the twilight hours. It is stunning in person.


I'll have to get back down there next week.
It's a beautiful, peaceful place to spend the day.








1 comment:

Mary said...

Ohhh, I want to go!! Ill have to make my way there!
Hows the back?
Mary