Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Clan

Today I did something that is in my 25 Things I Love.......
I had my clan (or Chloe's folk) over for dinner.
It was a combination of celebrations.
First and foremost we were celebrating St. Patrick's day so the meal consisted of
Corned Beef, cabbage, potatoes - and hot dogs and fried chicken drummies for the wee ones.
It was such a pretty day that the wee ones decided to take sweet baby Grace out for
a ride in the wagon.
Looks like she's having none of that.
Complete with the well-known Irish trait we call "a-mind-of-her-own"
she decided she was going to push that wagon herself.
Yes. Herself.
So the bigger wee ones indulged her and kept the vehicle on course,
keeping her safe from all the bumps and cracks along the way.
Mamma Hen was bringing up the rear making sure that nothing terrible happened,
as all good mommies do.
Here they come around the bend..........
Gracie wasn't too happy that I was a roadblock, sitting on the ground in her path with my camera.
Herself let me know, and I moved very quickly.
The bigger wee ones decided to jump in the wagon and let
Herself
take them up the hill.
She wasn't too sure about this, had to give it some thought.

But since she has that other Irish trait "determination - nothing-will-stop-me"
she showed them how it could be done.
Sweet Sam gave her a helping hand at the front of the wagon train so we wouldn't
see yet her newest Irish trait "the temper when I-don't-get-what-I-want". Good thing all these little people are so smart to accomodate our
sweet baby Grace.

Have I said how much I love all these little people? They just make my heart laugh out loud.

Happy St. Patty's Day to you.


No comments: