Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar moon and birthdays


photo credit Sun Earth Moon, originally uploaded by soulebro.

Did you see the lunar eclipse last night? I couldn't get a clear shot of it but found this on Soule Mama's wonderful blog. What a great shot! If you view it on Flickr you will see the progression.

We are home on a snow day. Ice, sleet and snow. It's a good day to stay in and catch up on some reading. My favorite sales associate at B&N remarked the other day that I must be a very fast reader. HA! I buy them, bring them home and here they sit. Last week I bought three Jane Austen novels for my mom to read. After watching the movie "Becoming Jane" (2 star rating here) and "The Jane Austin Book Club" (5 star rating here) she mentioned that she had never read any of her books. The first one she picked up came with the realization that her mother had read this book and taken the name of the main character for her! She said told me that her mom had gotten the name and different spelling from a book she had read. Turns out it was "Pride and Predjudice" Now she can't put the book down. It almost feels like my grandmother has joined us for a little while.

Tomorrow would have been her (my grandma's) 100th birthday. I will bake a cherry pie in her honor. Tomorrow is also our Abby's birthday. I will make HER a chocolate cake, because she is one of us (chocolate lovers).

Hope you are staying warm and safe.

No comments: