Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just for me

I NEED to go here so I can find some "stuff". Little stuff. Stuff for some projects I'm working on.
Doing this collection of winter projects put together by the super creatively talented Teresa McFayden. I first met Teresa in 2001 (I think) and I was in awe of her artistic talents. I can't wait to jump into these awesome projects over the next couple of months.


After working on the JYC I decided that it was in my best interest (and for my healthy state of mind) to play a little each day after putting in a full day of working and taking care of other people. Not that I mind doing all that, it's just that I need that little time to myself to relax and have an outlet. It's like icing on the cupcake!

No photo taken today. Shame on me. I just honestly couldn't fit it in. But if I HAD taken a photo it would have been something that would have made my husband smile. He is not up to snuff on all the technology that we have at our fingertips. It's not that he couldn't do it if he tried, he just choses not to. I mean, giving him a new cell phone was risky, but he's got it pretty much mastered now. We made sure he knew where the volume control was and Lindsay downloaded his phonebook from the old model (which was so abused that it's a miracle that he was able to even communicate with it.) Anyway - he is always complaining that people could get things done a lot faster if they didn't have to "look it up on the computer first" and he hates it when someone says they will send him an email. "Just call me for crying out loud," is his answer to that one. So imagine what went through my mind when I went for a meeting at our city's recreational center today and while walking down the hall I saw two maintenance men with a laptop on their tool cart trying to figure out where the sprinkler lines ran so they could put in some recessed lighting. LOL! All I could think was that I wished I'd had my camera and been able to take a shot of that one to share with Glen. Of course, I don't know how I would have gotten the shot without making those poor guys think I was making fun of them. They were scratching their heads as it was.

So there's my missing photo of the day. I think Jim S. will get a kick out of that one too.

No comments: