Monday, January 28, 2008

Gathering the goods

I love Valentine's day.
I enjoy showing those I love that I care with a little token.
Sometimes I make cookies. Sometimes I buy a gift I think they'll like. Sometimes it's candy.
But no matter what the gift is I think it's important to let people know you care about them.
This year I am making projects. I don't know how well they will turn out, but I am in the mood to make something for everyone. Made my plans and went out to gather the goods for it today.
First stop, my very favorite artsy store, The Red Lead. Sharon and Chris, the owners, are two of the most talented ladies in this area. They never fail to have the most awesome displays in their store and it's totally an inspirational journey walking through there (as you can see from the photo below - this is some of what I bought there today). Sharon was busy packaging up orders to send out all over the place from their newly opened web store. Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could get started, but it will keep a couple more days. Then there is Chloe's stuff for her handmade Valentine's day cards for her classmates. I told her I would help her make them special this year instead of buying the $1.99 boxed versions. After all is said and done these babies cost approximately $4.36 each! Oh, well. It will be worth the creative time we spend together. I've been trying to think of something for Peyton to make his cards with too. Must find some bug stamps.
One of the top 25 Things I Love (album in the works) is a fresh manicure. Got one today. Too cold outside to be wearing flip flops for a pedi, maybe next week.
I would like to leave here today with this dedicated to a friend, Jackie, who was a very special lady and turned many houses into lovely homes with her talents as an interior decorator.
She inspired many with her artistic flair and was also very generous and thoughtful.
You will be missed, Jackie.

No comments: